Sunday, March 11, 2012

Banners, etc...

These are a few of my most recent projects...



This small banner is very inspirational, assemblage mostly although I did make fabric flowers and folded pinwheel. It has a cute wire hanger. The back pieces are Graphic 45 I think.


This my current project, the burlap banner pieces I cut out of a up-cycled piece of fabric from a local furniture store display. I have painted the burlap, and now I am making fabric flowers, and letters to stitch on.




This "LOVE" banner is done with up-cycled fabric from the furniture store display, stitched on to basic cotton banners I purchased pre-made online. The natural twill ribbon the banners are strung on were salvaged packaging ties from a rug my mother bought. 



On this banner, I stamped old fashioned writing on the background of the plain cotton banners with black ink. The letters were cut from up-cycled fabric, and old buttons, fabric linen flowers and vintage ribbon were used for trimming.

In one of the pix you can see outside what a gloomy day it is here in Texas...this picture was taken about noon on March 11, 2012. We need the rain, as we have been in a drought, but a little sunshine would be nice! However, the birds are singing and tweeting away, enjoying their nest building...


A "Welcome Baby" card I made with My Minds Eye products...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...