Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blackboard Valentines

 
 
I have been working on Teacher Valentine gifts...I first thought about making banners, but they take tons of product and time, so I decided to make just single heart hanging decorations...after I got started I thought the backsides were too plain {just chipboard} so while scrounging in my craft room I came across a can of blackboard paint!
 
What could be more appropriate for a teacher gift but a blackboard heart?
 
So let me show you how how made these cuties...

These Blackboard Valentines were easy to make, but required a bit of drying time...
 
I started with a set of chipboard hearts, they were meant to be a mini album on a ring, but I took off the ring and poked a hole on the opposite side so they could hang correctly
 
 
I painted one side of the chipboard heart with Rustoleum Chalkboard Paint, it only took one coat...
 
Next I covered the other side with pretty craft paper...using Gloss Medium as adhesive because it dries fast and sticks good.
 
 
I hot glued tinsel around the heart edges...I used silver tinsel chenille sticks, and on one red tinsel left over from Christmas.
 
 
I even painted some of the embellishments with the chalkboard paint, like the butterfly above. I also added sweet tissue paper hearts with button or jewelled centers.
 
 
Here is the backside of the hearts ...I think they are perfect for a teachers door, the pretty decorated side can be displayed during Valentine season...then turned around where messages can be jotted!
 

 
Happy Crafting!
xoxo
PK
 
This project has been linked up with
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Over here from the "I Gotta Create" link party ---- Love your adorable blackboard valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Those are adorable. I'm gonna make some for my pals.

    Debby in KS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...