Saturday, March 24, 2012

July 4th Banner Project

I bought a few July 4th embellishments last year, put them away, and came across them a few days ago. I got them out, thinking since I missed Valentines almost althogether this year, maybe I would get an early start on a 4th red, white, and blue project...then I began to dig thru my fabric stash for something unrelated, and decided to make a July 4th banner out of fabric scraps I have collected.
 For the base I have used a red burlap looking fabric, originally a tablecloth I found on sale at Walmart. I painted off white onto the red fabric, and then painted "Happy 4th"...

I used various red, white, and blue fabrics gathered and sewn on to the top as trim...
I just freehanded the letters, with blue paint, and then went ober the blue with a clear "Stickles", to add a little shine; then I used a light grey Copic marker to create a shadow effect for depth, although I dont think you can see that in this picture.

Here is a little cloth flower I made from the tablecloth fabric, vintage button, and gingham ribbon...I also made a variety of sizes of these flowers in several fabrics, I think I will layer some for effect.

I will post more pix when I am finished with it, probably later tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...